Sunday, December 21, 2008

WANTED! Kraft Garlic Cheese Link

Well, it seems as though Kraft has decided to discontinue making their garlic cheese rolls. It's processed cheese that comes in a link. I've been to 4 grocery stores here. None have them or even a spot on the shelf. So I went online to see what was up. Yep. DISCONTINUED. How am I supposed to make cheese peas for Christmas dinner? I did do some cyper-sleuthing and found what I think will make a substitute for the cheese but how can they discontinue something they've made for 35 years? It's just wrong. I've already got an email into Kraft. Not that it will do any good, but at least I made my opinion on this rash decision known.

It's a sad, sad day.

Until next time...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an outrage!! What the heck are we supposed to do? We've had cheese peas at Christmas dinner since... well FOREVER!! What are you gonna do? I mean seriously. I'm in shock right now.

The White Family said...

You should write to a Kraft competitor and ask them to make it! :) Garlic Velveeta???? YUM!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

no way, that is like a main in my crawfish alfredo?? what up with dat? They trying to tick off the whole state of Louisiana? Thats it I am calling FEMA!

Katie said...

WHAT?!?! I love that cheese and grew up with it!! I am going to give Kraft my opinion also - are they not going to replace it with something similar?

Rebecca said...

Don't you just hate when they discontinue something you've enjoyed using. Seems to happen to my dad quite often, then again he requests some more unique items.
I am dying to try this stuff now that you've mentioned it. Particularly in Lisa's crawfish Alfredo, sounds yummy.