Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The next thing that enters this house better be chocolate!

Caroline started coughing on Saturday night. It didn't let up, didn't allow her to sleep. No other symptoms - no congestion, no fever. I kept her home and took her to see the doctor yesterday. We got an official diagnosis of asthma. She's on nebulizer treatments daily while we are in "crisis" and Singulair for maintenance. I am so sad that it's official. I thought for some reason, it just would disappear and wouldn't rear its ugly head in our lives. I know how it is to suffer from asthma. So many restrictions, so many things that affect your life. I just hope that medicine has changed enough that she will not have to endure all that I had to as a kid who couldn't breathe. As soon as we started the neb treatments, she improved. She even went to school today. Caroline woke up this morning and told me that that medicine I gave her made her feel so good! She happily piled in the car this morning for school :)

Now to Sam -
Sam started running fever around noon yesterday. Ms. Rebecca was kind enough to watch him while I took Caroline to the doctor. I wouldn't want any more uninvited "friends" to come home from the ped's office than necessary! I picked him up and we went to fill C's script. Two hours later, he was running fever and asking to go take a nap. Yeah, sumthin's not right!
I started the Tylenol/Motrin regimen and his fever just wouldn't let up. I called my Dad's wife (ER nurse) and she recommended a few things to do before running to the ER. Finally got his fever to break around 2 am. Around 1pm today, the fever returned. I called the nurse at the ped's office who thought we should come in. Picked up C, ran to ped's office. She looked him over, his throat was red. Tested him for strep and sure enough, POSITIVE! So we left the ped's office for the 2nd day in a row with a prescription in hand.

Asthma in one kid one day, Strep in the other kid the next day. What's next? If it wants to enter this Lysol Zone, it better be chocolate covered!

Surely tomorrow has to be better!

Until next time.......

1 comment:

Misty said...

I hope tomorrow gets bettar!!! Maybe she will outgrow it. I did... Give kiddos a kiss and hug from me...