Friday, November 7, 2008

Whew! What a day!

I had my 36 week appointment with the OB this morning followed by an ultrasound by the High Risk dr. The ultrasound was to check on the placenta due to Sam's quick delivery being because of a placental abruption. I am still at 1cm dilated, heartbeat is fine, blood pressure is fine, weight is fine. I had 45 minutes in-between the time that appointment was over and the u/s appointment. So, I left and went to get a bite to eat and a drink. As I was going back into the building, I missed the step and fell tummy first into the concrete. I tried to break my fall with my hands but the tummy hit first. Some very nice ladies in the parking lot saw me and helped me up. My knees are all scratched up, I look like a 7 year old with skinned knees. It's lovely. I get upstairs to the dr. office, wait for my appointment. I tell the u/s tech what just happened and she does a VERY thorough ultrasound to make sure everything is okay. The placenta looks good, baby Nate looks great. I could see almost everything. He has hair on his head!! It was way too cool. His estimated current weight is 6lbs, 3 oz. There is a +/- factor to this, but that is about right based on what Caroline and Sam weighed at 37weeks 4 days. Nate has chubby cheeks, a nice little booty on him, and he is very much still a HE! After the very thorough u/s, the High Risk dr. tells me to wait and he'll write the report for me to take back over to my OB. He wants me to let them know about the fall. At this point, I am feeling fine. Nate is moving, no contractions or bleeding or extra fluid. So I wait for his report and then walk across the waiting room to the OB's office. Talk to the nurse, who wants to talk to the dr. Nurse comes back, Dr wants me to be monitored to make sure everything is fine. They take me to a room with recliners and machines in it. I get strapped with the 2 monitors - one for contractions, one for heartbeat. I am also given a "Jeopardy" button to push everytime I felt movement. (I am now told that this is referred to as a NST - Non-stress test) Nate was doing fine at first, he moved and his heartrate was fine, with no contractions. Then he decided to take a nap. Heartrate was great just didn't want to move around. Dr. comes in and gives me juice and a glass of ice cold water. I drank that and then that got him going. After all this drama, everything is fine. I am sore, but Nate is fine. Dr. wants me to take it easy for the next few weeks. It's getting really close and I'm to slow down a little bit so as to enjoy the last few weeks of this pregnancy - only 18 more days! We were supposed to attend some things this weekend that we are just going to have to miss. Next weekend, we have Caroline's last soccer game, her soccer team party, and yet another birthday party to attend. WHEW! Then we are taking it easy and preparing for Baby Nate to join us! I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend with my kiddos after all this. It's soon going to be mass chaos at the Babin house :)

In addition to all this, I got a phone call in the middle of it that my van was ready to be picked up but that they needed my key fob to re-program it. I've been without "Tina" for a week and have been driving a Toyota Rav4. When you go from driving a fully loaded mini-van to a bottom-of-the-line Rav4, you really miss it! After a few mishaps later, I finally got my van back this afternoon around 5pm. It's great to have her back. We've missed her.

I have u/s pics to scan tomorrow and then I'll upload them here. For now, I'm going to bed.
Until next time....

1 comment:

Misty said...

Awe poor thing!! Sorry you had such a fall!!!
Glad Nate is fine.