Friday, September 12
Woke up to the power being out at Carol Ann’s house. What the heck?!?!? A transformer blew and we would subsequently be without power for the next 8 hours. Talked to many friends, touching base as to who went where and who stayed home. We were scattered all over the place. Jason and I decided to take the kids out of the house and try to find a McD’s or BK that had a play area for the kids to burn off some energy. Clearly, Monroe has none of those. We ended up eating at Caroline’s favorite place on Earth - - Piccadilly! Lunch was consumed by all and then we went back to the house to see what was happening and to put Sam down for a nap. Carol Ann has internet so we are watching live feed of the news stations in Houston. We are thanking the Lord that we left. Jason and I stayed up late again watching Ike start to batter Galveston Island. We admit to each other that we are scared. Scared for what we will find/not find when we get home.
I know that around 5:30pm, we lost power at our house. I had left our answering machine plugged in so that we could call and see if we had electricity.
No comments:
Post a Comment